Tuesday 4 March 2008


Well, what an interesting time it is for me. For more than one reason actually. Most of you know the one HUGE reason why I am in something of a state of bliss. I keep remembering it, that I actually did it and its real and I get tummy tingles all over again. I expect that to last for some time to come. Another unrelated piece of good news took me by surprise and now puts me in a quandry. It is not related to the afore mentions happy happening and it is a nice quandry to be in. What I do want to do is introduce you to OUR newest charge, a very young green iguana names Verdy. How he came into our charge I will write about soon as I am almost out of time in the internet cafe but please enjoy this picture of Verdy in his Verdant Verde Voluptumouness. We hope to find a suitable jungaly home for him and set him free.

Please take care, shake what your momma gave you and accept my heartfelt thanks for all your congratulatory exclamations.
And btw I can´t get the spell checker to work.
Adios!
Looks like I have more time. Well I and mi novia were walking along the shore front marveling (and wondering whether we should be conserned) at the small tsunami which was hitting our chilled fishing hamlet (slash tourist resort) and also wondering what on earth was happening to the sun. Well anyway now that the scene is set a little girl covered in bright green lizards on pieces of string confronts me. Turns out she wants to sell them. I decide I would earn some sneeky Karma by buying one and setting it free (in hindsite, no, but it seemed good at the time). So we took the lizard which turned out to be a recently hatched green iguana home. We thought we might let it loose (not knowing it was a green iguana capable of growing to 4 or 5 foot long and living 35 years) it the little garden at the house in which we were staying. We planned on doing a little research before we did this but the old lady tormented poor Ferdinand (as he was then called) so much he shed his tail showering her in little droplets of blood. That was more than I could handle and I cut him free so he could escape. It was then we discovered his true potential, he could not live in the tiny garden! But when we came to look for him again he was no where to be found! How sad! Luckily Kelly, amazing as always, found him the morning we were due to leave to Chiclayo. Phew! Anyway he is getting along fine and seems to like us handling him. He also likes green beans and sitting on Kelly´s head but we will try and vary his diet. Tomorrow we hope to get a small tank for him to live in (temporarily) as he is growing to very much dislike his current shoe box of a home. It does have air vents and a plastic sheet for a rude window. Sorry Verdy but it is for your own good. Not too far away there is a nice tropìcal foresty natural reserve, we will deliver him to the freedom he deserves!
That´s all

1 comment:

japalinka said...

Congratulations on your new charge!! Hope he stays that bright green 'cause that's a damn cool color.
by changing up his diet, do you mean to say that next time he eats green beans, he'll be sitting on your head? :)