Tuesday 11 March 2008

The cathedral at the plaza de armas in Trujillo.
Two TINY little kids dancing the Marinera, the traditional peruvian dance, they were sorta cute.

Hi just a quick little post. Still having a great time here. We are being taken on lots of bird watching trip and musuem visits by the canatura volunteers, pretty much every other day! The bird watching is amazing here, really, in just 2 hours and a gentle stroll we easily see 10 to 20 different bird species! I have been snapping away like a man possessed but a 12x zoom is paltry for nature photography. The countryside here is just splendid. After having been in a dirty, dusty, noisy, smelly urban environment for so long it was, to say the least, uplifting to be in pristine, beautiful nature. I know for sure I want to work in the field of environmental protection/ conservation now. Definately gave me a boost. I will write more soon I promise and I am looking for a good photo sharing site as I have too many pics I want to share. We are also getting into the swing of things with our english lessons, Kelly is great to teach with. She is both better at planning lessons and adlibbing (is that how you spell that?) during the lesson. I am just there is confuse matters with my wacky British english.
Cherio

1 comment:

japalinka said...

i like fotki.com for photo sharing but the free service has limited memory. don't remember how much it is a year, but i think it's worth it.
and it's funny that you were worried about misspelling one word when some of the charm of your posts rests in your disregard for spelling.
:)
looking forward to the pics!